Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions – Coach Hire
Our fair trading agreement, sets out clearly and simply the responsibilities which we at Newtons Coaches have to you and which you in turn have to us, when a contract is made between us. The contract is made when you make a booking and we accept it by written confirmation on the terms set out in the applicable holiday brochure. When signing the booking form for your holiday, you will be signing on behalf of yourself and others named in your party, that you have read and understood the Terms and Conditions and have accepted this Fair Trading Agreement, based on the holiday information provided in the applicable brochure. Your obligation will be to pay the price of the holiday and recognise your liabilities, if you wish to alter the holiday you have booked. Our specification of that holiday and our terms are clearly stated in the applicable brochure. Your contract is entered into with Newtons Coaches and any other subsidiary companies of Newtons Coaches, involved in the booking of or management of your holiday shall be deemed to act as our agents. This fair trading agreement applies to all holidays sold from the applicable brochures.
Our Promise to you
We reserve your holiday when, you or your agent has provisionally confirmed that we have available space on the holiday of your choice and we have received a deposit and signed booking form. A Confirmation/Invoice will be forwarded to you normally within 14 days of receipt. At this point a contract is made between us. In the event that a holiday was sold through a travel agent who defaulted, we guarantee your holiday on production of adequate documentation to establish the sale.
Your holiday price
A) UK Holidays · The price of your holiday is guaranteed and will not be subject to any surcharges except for those resulting from Government action, for example on VAT and additional holiday bonding requirements. In all cases we reserve the right to pass these amounts on in full, holiday prices include all coach travel, hotel accommodation and meals as specified in the holiday description and VAT at the current rate where applicable. At the time of writing VAT is not charged on the coach travel element of your holiday price. Morning coffee, lunch and afternoon tea and other refreshments are not included unless stated in the itinerary. Some hotels may make a small additional charge for portage and tea/coffee served after meals. Gratuities to hotel staff and drivers/couriers are discretionary.
Your Contract with Newtons Coaches
· Paying a deposit – When you make your booking you must complete a booking form, accepting on behalf of all your party the terms of this fair trading agreement and pay a deposit per person as specified on each holiday itinerary. All monies that are paid to your travel agent are held by them on your behalf, until you receive our confirmation.
B) Continental Holidays: The price of your holiday is subject to surcharges on the following items:
· Government action
· VAT increases and excessive ER (Exchange Rate) changes
We will absorb an amount equivalent to 2% of the holiday price which excludes insurance premiums. In the event of surcharges being applied, you will been entitled to cancel your holiday with a full refund of all money paid except for insurance premiums
paid by us. Should you decide to cancel because of this, you must do so within 14 days from the issue date of the surcharge request. Surcharges will not be imposed within 30 days of departure.
· Paying the balance · The balance of the fare must be paid via the office at which you make the booking at least 8 weeks before the holiday departure date. If you book within the applicable balance due period you must pay the full holiday cost at the time of booking. If the balance is not paid in time, we reserve the right to cancel your holiday, retain your deposit and apply cancellation charges as set out under ·If your cancel your holiday·.
· If you change your booking · If after our confirmation has been issued, you wish to change to another of our current holidays or change the departure date, we will do our utmost to make the changes, provided that written notification is received at our offices from the person who signed the booking form (or their Travel Agent). Notification must be received no later than the date on which the balance of the original holiday was due. If we are unable to comply with your request to change or amend your booking, the booking will be treated as a cancellation of the original booking and will be subject to the cancellation charges as set out in ·If your cancel your holiday·. Other alterations such as additional requests or change of pick-up points MUST be notified to our office in writing.
· If you Cancel your Holiday – You or any member of your party, may cancel your holiday at any time provided that the cancellation is made by the person signing the booking form (or their Travel Agent) and is communicated to us in writing via the office at which you made the original booking. As this incurs administration costs we will retain your deposit and in addition, apply cancellation charges up to the maximum shown below. The period before departure, within which written cancellation is received and the amount of cancellation charges applied, are shown below as a % of holiday price:
· More than 42 days: – Deposit only
· 42-29 days 30% of full holiday price
· 28-15 days 45% of full holiday price
· 14-8 days 60% of full holiday price
· 7 Days · Day of departure 100%
No refunds can be made by us in respect of cancellations received by us on or after the date of departure. NOTE:- If the reason for cancellation is covered under the terms of insurance policy you may be able to reclaim these charges.
· If you have a complaint – If you have a complaint during your holiday, please inform our driver/courier or representative who will do his/her utmost to resolve the problem immediately. If the matter cannot be put right on immediately, you must notify us in writing within 14 days of the completion of your holiday and this must be sent, along with your quote or booking reference number, Holiday number/title and departure date, to:
Newtons Coaches, 19 William Road, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 4QZ
· Statutory Authorities – Our holiday brochures are issued subject to the approval of the traffic commissions and other statutory relevant authorities and therefore, Newtons Coaches reserves the right to modify itineraries to conform to requests from the competent authorities in the United Kingdom and any other sovereign state through which the tours run.
· Conditions of Carriage – When you travel on an aircraft, train or ship, the conditions of that carrier apply and are subject to national and international conditions, which may limit or exclude liability. Your contract made under the terms of this Fair Trading Agreement is subject to English law and jurisdiction. The public service vehicle (Conduct of drivers, Conductors and passengers) Regulations as amended in 1990, apply to all coaches throughout any holiday in the UK.
· Door-to-door Service – Newtons Coaches door-to-door service applies automatically, provided your home address falls within the designated area, as dipicted in all our brochures, where applicable. Outside this area, we reserve the right to charge a supplementary fee per person to cover the extra taxi charges incurred. Please contact us if you are in any doubt.
· Other Important Points – On a Newtons Travel holiday, you must not:-
A) Bring a pet or any other animal (Other than Guide Dogs).
B) Play any form of Radio/Cassette/CD/DVD/MP3 or suchlike, on the coach.
Excursions are included in the price of the holiday unless stated and refunds cannot be made for the passengers not wishing to go on these excursion. Admission fees to properties, grounds, etc. are not included in the price of the holiday, unless otherwise stated in the itinerary. We must point out the Newtons Coaches reserve the unconditional rights to refuse a booking or terminate a passenger·s holiday in the event of unreasonable contact on the passenger behalf.